Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Wet and Wild Weekend!

Okay so it was way more wet than it was wild, but we had a great weekend. We went up to Island Park. We got up around 6:00 am, which is super early for me to have my head off the pillow, and drove to Coffee Pot Rapids to do a little fishing. We had a lot of fun even though the fish apparently saw us coming down the trail and quickly hid. Here is us attempting to catch some fish.

We had our fishing pot to see who would catch the biggest fish. I will let you be the judge.


Mac said he was sure he won with this whopper he reeled in.It was funny. Mac caught seven fish about this size in 15 min standing in the same spot. I guess his spinner looked like a good lunch.

After we caught our limit (or rather gave up trying) we went to Buffalo campground and had a picnic. We met most of my family there and we all floated down the river. It was the perfect day for it. The sun was shining, the river was warm, and the wind was not blowing. Of course it took a lot of blowing on our part to get enough flotations devices to accommodate 15 people.


My sister Nicole and her boyfriend brought up a paddle boat. It kind of seemed like cheating, but the kids thought it was a blast to ride on. I guess I have to admit that we cheated a little too. Mac bought a great big yellow raft at a garage sale two years ago and we used the air compressor to fill it up at home. I took 42 pictures of us at the river so here a few of my favorites!


No comments:

Post a Comment