Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Most Hectic Week Ever


Last week was the busiest week ever. I had a paper due in History and Philosophy. The primary program that I was in charge of for Church had a practice on Saturday and then the performance on Sunday. Taylor's birthday was on Saturday. We were going to have a family party for her on Sunday because on Saturday we had the rehearsal and another birthday party too. So every spare moment I wasn't writing, I was trying to get the house clean or make decorations for Taylor's cake. Taylor wanted a Hannah Montana cake, I didn't really want that theme so I surprised her. I made a cake with a guitar standing on top and butterflies and flowers all around. The butterflies looked great but I had to make all the decorations a couple days in advance so they would be hard. While I was making some flowers Bobby put a pop tart in the microwave for three minutes. It lit on fire and then lit the paper plate it was on on fire. Yellow smoke filled my kitchen. As I was trying to get the burning plate outside the pop tart fell on the floor and burnt my linoleum. Luckily that was the only disaster that struck. Everything else went off without a hitch. I was so exhausted by the end of the week! Taylor loved her cake and had a great birthday. I can't believe she is already nine years old.  She is getting to that point where she doen't play with as many toys so deciding what presents to get her is harder. I got her some clothes and a yoga mat for dance class. She got a couple cds, some movies, clothes, and a paint by number kit. She liked everything she got and really had a nice party.



No comments:

Post a Comment