Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday! Is that Cobie Calliet?

Cobie Calliet came and performed at the ISU Performing Arts Center. When I saw the posters advertising that she was going to be here I sent Mac a text message immediately and asked if he wanted to go. His reply was, "who is Cobie Calliet?" Well the concert was on my Mom's birthday and Eliza's favorite song is Bubbly, so I decided I would make it a girls night out. I called my sisters and asked if they wanted to go. I was in class when the tickets went on sale so I told Mac he had to be online ready the second they went on sale. Being the great husband he is he did it for me and got us pretty good seats.
On my Mom's birthday we showed up at her house and told her she had ten minutes to get in the car. We took her to Sizzler in Pocatello and met her cousins there for dinner. She was so surprised and excited to get to see her cousins.

The girls and I gave her a Cobie Calliet CD for her birthday. After we ate she thought we were going back home, but we headed toward Pocatello not Idaho Falls she kept asking what are we doing? Once we started heading toward the Performing Arts Center she knew where we were going and then she kept asking what show are we going to? So we pull into the parking lot and I tell her to bring in her CD because she might get it signed. She was way excited. I was really excited to get to see Cobie Calliet I just love her! She put on an amazing show. Her opening act was a guy named Jason Young and was a very good singer. Her band was really great. The keyboarder was just amazing. The whole show was just awesome and long. I think Cobie sang for almost 90 minutes. Eliza was so tired since it was two hours past her bedtime she was laying on my lap almost falling asleep the last hour of the show. I kept telling her you can't fall asleep until after she sings Bubbly! Well turns out the very last song she sang was Bubbly. We all had a great time and have been listening to Cobie Calliets new CD ever since.













No comments:

Post a Comment