So I am standing in the kitchen at the stove fixing lunch on a Saturday. And as I am standing there waiting for the milk to boil so I can add the pasta-roni I glance up at the table and see the embodiment of our crazy lives spread out before my eyes. 

Here is what I saw now let me explain. The red box under the table is full of Bobby's toys which are constantly strewn from one end of the house to the other and we try to teach him responsibility by having him pick them up hence they are not put away but under my table. The papers with the pink pencil on them are Taylor's school work. I was reviewing her math test with her so she knew why she had gotten the problems wrong. We are parents 24 hours a day. Behind the table by the door is a tote with Mac's camping stuff in it. He is getting ready to go on a camp out with the young men in our ward. On the table is a brown paper badge I made it to use in a sharing time activity for primary. We are members of our church and strive to fulfill our callings. On the left side of the table is Mac's math homework. On the right side of the table is my homework. We are both students. Behind the flower pot is the Joy of Cooking, I was looking up recipes to make for Sunday dinner. On the back of my chair is my apron which probably should be in the wash. On the hutch is a roll of duct tape that Mac used to tape together Taylor's toy sword. I am a homemaker and he is a handyman just trying to make it through and keep up some semblance of order and cleanliness in our home. So there you have it in one moment and one picture something the represents almost everything in our lives. (We are missing a little bit of fun) The most important part of the picture, it's all together. Mac and I were facing each other at the table. We are together in this life and the next. Through all the crazy stuff we are doing, we are always in it together helping one another. I wouldn't want it any other way or with any other person.




No comments:
Post a Comment