Monday, January 25, 2010

You're How Old!!

So Mac's big brother turned thirty this year. We were giving him a hard time about not being young any more. Mac's mom threw a small surprise party for him and asked if I could make the cake. She told me it didn't have to be anything fancy she knows I'm busy, but I just can't resist going overboard when it comes to cakes. On the invitations to the party Mac's mom put a picture of Tyler on his first day of kindergarten and said, "25 years later and still going to school!" Well Tyler is a chef by trade so I made a cake with a chef, pans, a backpack, and a textbook. It turned out better then I ever imagined it would. I was thrilled. I made the figure of the mini Tyler a week in advance. After I finished molding the character I was so excited with how it turned out I had to send a picture of it to Mac. He sent it to his mother because he thought it was really cool. Then later when I made the pots and pan Bobby told me I needed to put something in them. He said I should make an egg and ramen. I made the food and Tyler is funny about cooking ramen and always puts ice cubes in it as soon as the three minutes are up. So I put ice cubes in his pot of ramen.


The kids were so excited to show Tyler his cake that we had to have two parties. We had one on Friday night with just adults and then one on Sunday night that all the nieces and nephew came to. I had made a carrot cake for the first party so i made a chocolate cake with cream cheese and Oreo filling for the second cake. It was awesome! Anyway, I can't give Tyler too much grief about turning thirty because I'm only a year behind him!

No comments:

Post a Comment