We paint and grout! Okay when I say "we" I mean Mac does it while I sit on the stairs and get things for him and keep him company. So the final paint choice, envelope please: Dutch Boy; Map Paper! I find that I am very drawn to cool colors and all the paint samples I had taped up on the walls were very gray. So I picked a color that was close to a cool one I loved but in a warm family tones. It's ok I don't love it. Too yellow for my not yellow personality. However 78% of it is going to be covered. The dark brown grout we picked out is perfect. I'm really happy with how the floor turned out.


Our cabinets finally arrived. (Only a miny hurray) We had two cabinets that were the wrong size so installing them is on hold. But we did open them and I love love love the color we picked! Mac says they look nice. I think he had decided he wanted to go with a little bit darker wood and they are even lighter than the display piece at the store. I told him, its oak they will darken as they age. Of course we probably won't live here when they get darker. Closer every weekend! Next step: call counter top guy. With our luck he won't be able to come until July.
No comments:
Post a Comment