Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring? Break

The kids had spring break last week. The term spring I use very loosely! It was cold and it snowed/rained almost every day of the week. I had told the kids we could go out to lunch and that we could go feed the ducks at the river. Wednesday while I was at work the kids colored Easter eggs at Mac's moms. When Mac went to pick them up Bobby proudly showed him his green eggs he had colored and then told Mac, "We put them in water and they came out colored but you can't drink the water or you will die!" He had heard Granny say that she had put dye in the water and thought that meant the water would kill you.
Well I kept holding out hoping that we might get one nice hour out of the whole week. If we did get one I missed it. So on Thursday despite the on and off snow I took the kids. We had decided to go to Arctic Circle because I had coupons but more importantly because they have a play set the kids love. However, on Tuesday the Arctic Circle with the play set had a fire and closed for repairs. So we went to the one on the other side of town which doesn't have a play set. The kids were disappointed but they probably ate better. Then we braved the cold and fed the ducks.




Later that day we decided to do some indoor activities and made string eggs as a craft. We made chicks out of pompoms to put in the eggs they turned out cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment