The Taste of Home Cooking show has been coming to Idaho Falls for like the last five years running and I have never made it. The first year they came Mac's mom tried to get tickets but they were sold out. Now that it has become an annual event it's easier to get in. When I saw the ad in the paper I knew I wanted to go and I knew just who i wanted to go with me. So I called up my neighbor who likes to try new things (like making gooseberry pies) and she said yes. I bought my tickets to go like three weeks in advance, but two days before the show Mac's mom calls and asks if I want to go because they had won four tickets to it. So we all finally got to go at the same time. Of course, none of us won a door prize! Go figure. That's okay it was still a lot of fun.

Honestly, a lot of the fun was the company. I had a great time sitting there gabbing with my neighbor and Mac's sister. Almost all of the food our instructor/cook made looked good and smelt awesome. (I still think that the breakfast casserole with cinnamon apples, bread, sausage and cheese just seemed wrong.) That was one of the prizes, they gave away all the food she cooked on pretty serving platters. Alas, no luck we just had to leave drooling. If I go again I will make sure to eat a really good dinner before I go!

No comments:
Post a Comment